Modified on: Tue, Dec 14, 2021 3:56 PM
The Bay Path University A&IT Departments maintains a limited pool of computing equipment available for loan to students. Active, degree-seeking, Bay Path students are able to request a laptop for academic purposes on a first-come, first-served basis.
What you get
All loaner devices are laptop computers running Windows 10. The following applications come pre-installed:
- Microsoft Office (requires Bay Path login)
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Defender Anti-virus
Submitting Your Request
Please allow 1-2 business days for approval and processing when setting your requested dates. Laptops can be requested for up to 110 days (approximately one traditional semester).
Before making a request, we recommend reviewing our hardware recommendations to see if your current laptop will meet your needs. If you are unsure if your laptop will be appropriate, feel free to contact our Unified Help Desk (email@example.com | 413-565-1487)
- A student must submit a request for a laptop using the Request A Loaner Laptop form on the Students tab on the My Bay Path portal (https://my.baypath.edu/ICS/Students/Student_Request_Loaner_Laptop_Form.jnz). Students must provide the dates of the requested loan and a reason for the request
- Once the request is approved by the Director of Client Services, the student will be notified and can schedule an appointment to pick up the device (requires 24-48 hours for processing)
- The student will then pick up the laptop at the appointed time from Catok Learning Commons.
- Students are responsible for safeguarding the device while it's in their possession and returning the device by the agreed date. Failure to do so could result in disqualification from future requests or replacement costs.